The Classic Rare Quiz: have you got what it takes?
1st August 2021
Many of us filthy millennials grew up playing the gosh-darn heck out of classic Rare titles such as the Donkey Kong games, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye 007, and more.
However, we've got to admit that it's been a while... and the question is, just how well do you know these classic games?
Well, wouldn't you know it... someone's put together a 15-question quiz to test your mettle. That's right - it's time to find out if you're a Perfect Dork!
So sit down, strap in, stand up, spin around and fire your coconut gun! Here we goooo!
1. What colour was the Jinjo under Banjo's arm on the Banjo-Kazooie box cover?
2. What small items can be found hidden in every level in Perfect Dark?
3. In which year did Microsoft purchase Rare?
4. Which was the first N64 game released by Rare?
Diddy Kong Racing
Killer Instinct Gold
5. Which of these games was NOT developed by Rare?
Mickey's Speedway USA
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
6. Rare's 2004 puzzle game It's Mr Pants was at one point in development supposed to star which established character?
7. Which of these N64 Rare games made use of the Expansion Pak?
Conker's Bad Fur Day
8. What was the name of this barrel-throwing enemy from Donkey Kong Country?
9. In which year was the original Donkey Kong Country released?
10. Which Rare game featured characters called Juno and Vela?
Star Fox Adventures
Kameo: Elements of Power
Jet Force Gemini
11. Rare were responsible for two of the XBox 360's launch titles. One of them was Kameo: Elements of Power - what was the other?
Perfect Dark Zero
12. Before the game was redesigned to incorporate Star Fox characters, what was the name of Dinosaur Planet's protagonist?
13. In which game did Squawks the parrot first appear?
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Donkey Kong 64
14. Brothers Tim and Chris Stamper were instrumental in Rare's success - what did they do?
Invented Donkey Kong
Founded the company
Programmed some of the biggest hits
Wrote iconic music
15. Black Orchid, Fulgore, and Riptor are all characters from which franchise?
Your final score will appear here when you've answered all the questions! 🙂